The Chilliwack Wildlife Slo-Pitch League is an adult co-ed Slo-Pitch softball league with an emphasis on sportsmanship and fun. Our season runs from the beginning of April to the end of July.
This page is updated regularly during softball season with news & events.
Posted Aug 17, 2013
Request for Volunteers
The Beer Garden Committee met this past Thursday and here are some items that we need help with for the upcoming Provincials on Sep 13-15 & Sep 20-22...
Tables & Chairs
- Our C.A.P.E. approval from the City dictates that we need to have licensed security for our beer gardens
- If anyone knows of a licensed security individual or firm that is reasonably priced please let us know
- We have already obtained a quote from Griffin
- We need 12 sturdy tables
- Approximately 75 chairs
- The Legends men's ball team rents theirs out at $50/weekend but they are stored in Abbotsford and we would prefer a cheaper & closer option (free being the best)
- Need volunteers with trucks to pick said chairs and tables up on the Friday and take back on the Sunday (both weekends)
Storage Coolers or Bins
Karrie Vermette from Friendly Mike's has arranged with Twin Rinks to use ice shavings for keeping beer chilled (no longer an option)
Need volunteer(s) with a truck to shovel ice into their truck and keep truck at the beer gardens throughout the weekend (no longer an option)
- Toni Kelly from the Rendezvous Restaurant has graciously offered to donate cube-ice for drinks and to keep drinks chilled. John East from Friendly Mike's has offered ice bags.
- Need volunteer(s) with freezer space to bag up ice daily prior to tournament and stockpile
- We require 3 - 4 large coolers or bins for putting beer on ice.
- We require 1 cooler to store cube-ice for drinks
Servers & Cash Table
- Need volunteers to get plastic bags from Bottle Depot
- Need a large wire rack to put plastic bags on at beer garden
- Need volunteers to take bags of empties back to Bottle Depot
- Serve beer and coolers (If you have your Serving It Right, even better!)
- Sit at cash/ticket table
- Hourly cleanup
- Kym Elderkin is putting the volunteer schedule together for both weekends
If your team can volunteer to help out in any way it would be most appreciated. Teams that do supply volunteers will have their fundraising requirements for the 2014 season reduced accordingly to the funds that are raised.
- Need a volunteer to be in charge of music!
Please send us an email if you can help out in any way.
Posted Aug 08, 2013
2013 NSA BC Provincials
NSA has asked the Wildlife League to host the 2013 NSA Provincials at Townsend Park on the Sep 14-15 and 21-22 weekends. Part of hosting the tournament is running the beer gardens for both these weekends. This could be a good opportunity for the League to fundraise towards our 2014 season.
A meeting has been scheduled for Thursday August 15th – 7:00pm at the Rendezvous Restaurant for those that would like to help. The applications have been submitted to the City already but a bunch of logistic stuff needs to be handled.
If you have been involved with running or volunteering in beer gardens we would most welcome your input.
We realize this meeting may conflict with some folk's Men's League Schedule. Our apologies.
Posted Jul 25, 2013
Year-End Tournament Schedule
The Year-End Tournament Schedule has been posted - http://www.wildlifeslopitch.ca/tournaments.htm
• Saturday 5:30pm @ Diamond #3
• $5 Entry - 1/3 to Runner Up, 2/3 to Winner
• Own Pitcher - Legal Bats only
• 5 Hits Each - 3 Hit Tie-Breaker
• Male & Female Competitions
Posted Jul 16, 2013
Make-up Games Schedule
|Date||Time||Visitor (3rd base dugout)|| ||Home (1st base dugout)||Location|
|Fri Jul 19||8:00 PM||Maniacs|| at ||Liqour Beavers||Leary #1|
|Wed Jul 24||6:30 PM||Total Kaos|| at ||Maniacs||Leary #1|
|6:30 PM||Pure Swingers|| at ||Mertin GM||Townsend #1|
|6:30 PM||Harley-Davidson Screamin' Eagles|| at ||'Vous Crew||Townsend #3|
|6:30 PM||SNAFU|| at ||BALLZDEEP||Townsend #4|
|6:30 PM||Liquor Beavers|| at ||Masterbatters||Townsend #5|
|6:30 PM||Da Bears|| at ||Boxers||Townsend #6|
|8:00 PM||Liquor Beavers|| at ||Incredibly Lethal Mauraders||Townsend #5|
Posted Jul 12, 2013
Steel Industry Ball Tournament
Raising Funds for Children's Hospital
August 17th 8:00am to August 18th 8:00pm
Cloverdale Athletic Park
Contact Bill Miller firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted Jun 20, 2013
2012 Mid-Season Tournament Results
It was awesome weather for an awesome tourney!
Team Competition Winners:
Base Running - Harley-Davidson Screamin' Eagles
Pitching - Animals
Throwing Accuracy - Wally's
Div 2 (C/D)
1st Place - Animals
2nd Place - Da Bears
Div 1 (A/B)
1st Place - Liquor Beavers
2nd Place - Maniacs
Most Sportsmanlike Player - Ian Ottermain from the Great Canadian Jolly Rogers
Thanks to all our teams & sponsors for providing prizes:
Kym Elderkin @ Studio 103 Hair & the Brewers
Posted Jun 12, 2013
UPDATE - REVISED TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE
Please be advised that the tournament schedule has been revised due to a couple teams not being able to field enough players during the weekend. All the teams still play at the same time slot with the exception of the Liq-our Beavers who have been moved up to Div 1. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Div 2 teams that were slated to play on T1 have been moved to the fenced fields. Please inform your team mates of this change.
Posted Jun 09, 2013
Credit Card Payments
The League is now setup to accept credit card payments. Click here for more info.
Posted Jun 07, 2013
The Mid-Season Tournament Schedule has been posted. The divisions are based on the League Standings as of the June 5th games.
Posted Jun 01, 2013
Team Fees Reminder
This is a reminder that the additional team fees, as proposed and voted on by the team reps, are due at the Mid-Season Tournament. Please refer to the Minutes from the May 6th meeting for additional details.
Posted Apr 26, 2013
Win a $50 BP Gift Card
Share our Facebook Status Update prior to May 15th to be entered in a draw to win a $50 BP gift card. - Congrats to Nickie Cocquyt for winning.
Posted Apr 10, 2013
The rain has stopped, the sun is out (it's a bit windy) and all fields are OPEN. Let the games begin!
Email from City of Chilliwack Parks - 2013/04/10 - PDF
Posted Apr 09, 2013
Boston Pizza "Raising Dough" Fundraiser
Boston Pizza Chilliwack is offering Wildlife League members, friends and neighbors the opportunity to fundraise while they eat! Simply dine in at the Luckakuck Way location, write WILDLIFE on the back of your receipt, submit it to your server or cashier and Boston Pizza Chilliwack will donate 5% (before tax and gratuity) back to the League.
Take your team, family or friends out and enjoy their "Everyday "Specials"...
- MONDAY - Wings $6 Starter / $11 Double
- TUESDAY - Pasta Tuesday (starting at just $7.99)
- WEDNESDAY - Any Large Pizza $19.95
- THURSDAY - Burger & Beer $12.99
- FRIDAY - TGI RIB DAY: full rack of slow-roasted pork back ribs $18.95
- SATURDAY - Any Large Gourmet Pizza for the Price of a Medium
- SUNDAY - $4.99 Kids Meals / $9.99 Meatball Grinder
Like BOSTON Pizza Chilliwack's Facebook Page to be kept up-to-date on all their specials and promos.
Posted Apr 01, 2013
Warm-Up Tournament - REVISED
The Warm-Up Tournament Schedule has been posted. Please remember that this tournament is just a reason for teams to possibly get acquainted with new team mates, figure out positions or just simply get some batting and fielding practice in before the regular season starts. You can play an actual game or go thru the batting lineup so everyone gets practice. It's up to both teams to figure out what format they want to play.
There is no Beer Gardens and no prizing awarded. Have fun!
Posted Mar 08, 2013
Mission Slo-pitch's 2nd ANNUAL "KID SPORT" FUNDRAISER!
Co-Ed Slo-Pitch tournament
June 21st-June 23rd 2013
Mission Sports Park
Format: 6 Guys 4 girls - Big Ball / Small Ball
4 Games Minimum - A, B and Fun Divisions
Posted Mar 06, 2013
AGM Minutes & Regular Season Schedules
For a PDF copy of the minutes from our Annual General Meeting please click here. There were no rule additions or changes this year.
Regular season League Schedules and individual team schedules have been posted. Please review for any errors or discrepancies. If any are found, please email us right away.
Posted October 02, 2012
Our year-end meeting is scheduled for Tues Oct 23rd - 7:00pm at the Rendezvous Restaurant, Chilliwack B.C. Please remind your team rep that we will be voting in the Executive for next year, proposing any rule changes for the spring AGM and discussing what we can do better for next year.
If you would like to nominate someone for the Executive please check with them first and then email your nomination to the League Secretary.
Posted August 01, 2012
Year-End Tournament Results
• Winner - Mertin GM
• Most Sportsmanlike - Wedler Wannabes
• Winner - Da Bulls
• Most Sportsmanlike - Wallys
• Winner - BALLZDEEP
• Most Sportsmanlike - Big Guns
• Winner - Incredibly Lethal Mauraders
• Most Sportsmanlike - Write-Offs
Sportsmanship ratings are sent in after each game throughout the year. The top five teams voted most sportsmanlike were:
Avg Sportsmanship Rating
|2. Wedler Wannabes||9.533
|4. Incredibly Lethal Mauraders||9.347
|5. Ford Jolly Rogers||9.250
Thank you to Lori Johnson Photography for taking pictures again of all the MVP's and division winners.
|Great Canadian Jolly Rogers||29|
|Harley-Davidson Screamin' Eagles||25|
|Incredibly Lethal Marauders||2|